Valley Equine Hospital is a well-established hospital with the facilities and expertise to deal all your equine needs. Our veterinary team includes experts in their field, with extensive clinical expertise. Our facilities are purpose built with sophisticated diagnostic and surgical equipment. This combination of facilities, equipment and expertise provide an environment where the best possible veterinary care for your horse can be provided.
Our vets supervise race meetings across the UK, including Ascot, Bath, Chepstow, Kempton, Sandown and Wincanton ensuring exceptional care and advice for all eventualities. They also play a vital role with British Eventing and the GB Show jumping Team.
Valley Equine Hospital is one of the largest equine hospitals in the UK. The hospital is a purpose built state-of-the-art facility and is proud to be an approved member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Practice (RCVS) Standards Scheme.
The practice has been accredited as an RCVS Equine Hospital (tier 3), which means that it meets the highest standard of veterinary hospital care. In addition to complying with Core Standards, such as health and safety, hygiene and legal requirements, we also have access to diagnostic facilities, can provide continual nursing and veterinary care for in-patients 24 hours a day. We also maintain and improve our clinical standards through an ongoing process of hospital monitoring and review. All our team attend or lecture at specialist equine meetings world wide.
Our facilities include:
- Hospitalisation for up to 20 horses with the capability for full critical care.
- Quarantine suite.
- A fully equipped operating theatre which includes a complete range of orthopaedic AO/ASIF (fracture repair) and arthroscopy equipment, soft tissue and laparoscopic equipment, and emergency operating equipment.
- Specialist anaesthetic monitoring equipment and directly observed rope assisted recovery.
- A new state-of-the-art imaging suite constructed in 2010 which houses the latest digital nuclear scintigraphy (bone scan), digital radiography, digital ultrasonography, videoendoscopy and videogastroscopy equipment.
- On-site laboratory facilities for bacteriology, parasitology, haematology and biochemistry tests.
- Artificial insemination (AI) capabilities as a BEVA-registered AI centre.
- An all-weather lunge arena to assess ridden and lunged horses.
- Full gallops for use in assessments requiring exercise.
Our team of vets, surgeons and nurses are experienced and professional. You can read more about them on the meet the team section.